Welcome to Amsterdam's first
A festival full of music, fashion, food and art, at the Museum Square organized by local entrepreneurs of Museum Quarter Amsterdam. Here you can enjoy fine food and drinks made by our own restaurants all day. And listen to jazzy tunes from young talented artists in the afternoon and night. With a special vip pass you can discover special activities in our galleries, shops and museums and sign up for unique guided tours.
FOOD & DRINKS
- - Enjoy the fine food from The Seafood Bar & The Uptown Meat Club.
- - 13.00-14.00: Lucia Marthas Institute for Performing Arts
- - 14.30 - 15.30: Jazz Focus Big Band
- - 16.00 - 16.45: Gijs Idema Trio
- - 17.00 - 18.00: Bruut
- - 18.30 - 19.30: Kris Berry
- - 19.30 - 21.30 DJ Maestro
ART & CULTURE
- - Rijksmuseum: free rembrandt tour at 1PM, 2PM, 3PM & 4PM
- - Stedelijk Museum: free highlight tour at 1PM, 2PM, 3PM & 4PM
- - Van Gogh Museum: walk in painting workshop between 1PM - 4 PM
- - Het Concertgebouw: special one off tour at 5PM.
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE FULL FOR ALL TOURS.
- - For all tours: gather at the museum glass house.
- - Except for the Stedelijk Museum Tour: gather at the information desk of the museum (entrance Paulus Potterstraat).
FASHION & SHOPPING
- - Oger & Gassan will show their crafts at the festival. And Marc Cain does a catwalk show and Van Gils, Ace & Dik and iittala will do special activities in their shops.
- - Special kids tour (speurtocht) - all day
- - Van Gogh painting workshop is fun for the whole family
- - Face painting
- - Kids performance Lucia Marthas from 13.00 - 14.00
date:Saturday 16 september 2016
location:Museumplein – around the pond
admission:The festivalheart is free accessible.
VIP pass:If you like extra’s, buy the special VIP pass for €10,- to join special activities in our galleries, shops and museums and to sign up for unique tours. With this special pass you will also receive a festivalplan and a fine goodie-bag. The VIP passes are sold at the festival itself, or you can buy them here online. Buy your VIP pass here
- - Taxiservice within Museum Quarter in a Maserati or McLaren by Louwman Exclusive
- - Architecture walk by de Gebouwengids at 3PM
- - Glass of Champagne
- - Fancy MQ Goodiebag
- - Diamond in a glass of champagne at Gassan / Oger glass house. It might be real!
- - Biro tour by Gassan & Oger
- - Custom made giftbox by Oger
- - And you might be the lucky winner of an oyster tasting for 8 persons at The Seafood Bar. The voucher is hidden in one of the goodiebags..
Museum Quarter Festival is situated on the Museumplein in Amsterdam and is easily accessible by public transport, car and bicycle.
There are a small number of paid parking spaces in the immediate vicinity. There is a supervised car park beneath Museumplein (Q-Park, Van Baerlestraat 33b, entrance near the Concertgebouw). We advice all visitors to visit our festival by public transport or bicycle.
- By public transport within Amsterdam
- From Central Station: trams 2 and 16 (Rijksmuseum tram stop)
- From Zuid Station: tram 5 (Rijksmuseum tram stop)
- From Sloterdijk Station: tram 12 (Museumplein tram stop)
- From Amstel Station: tram 12 (Museumplein tram stop), or metro to Weesperplein, then tram 7 or 10 (Spiegelgracht tram stop)
- From the Marnixstraat regional bus station: tram 7 and 10 (Spiegelgracht tram stop), or bus 170, 172, 174 and 197 (Rijksmuseum bus stop)
- From Schiphol Amsterdam Airport: bus 197 (Rijksmuseum bus stop)
We are very grateful to our festivalpartners that made this unique festival possible: