Lizzy Cottage was built in 1902 by A.W. Weismann and named after the second wife of the owner, stockbroker and art collector Engelbertus van Essen. Note the putti on the golden frieze above the bay window. Another interesting feature is the blank wall decorated with a frieze featuring dancing women. On the inside of the house, this wall was used to display paintings.